Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Welcome to Princess Ariel's Blog



About Us
Met: Late August 2000
First Date: December 3, 2000
Official Couple: January 21, 2001
Engaged: August 21, 2001
Married: October 26, 2002
First House: February 15, 2004
First Child: March 12, 2008

About Me

I was born in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, moved to Georgia eleven years later, and high tailed it out of there after high school to attend Southern Methodist University, where I majored in psychology with a minor in international studies. I later returned to earn a teaching certificate in early childhood-fourth grade, with a supplemental English as a second language cert. I have held several jobs in my short lifetime, most noticeably as a store manager for Gymboree, now my most recent one as a mother. My mom's mom and step-dad raised me since I was two, so you'll see and read a lot about them. My grandmother has even offered to raise my bambina. One of my many reasons for saying "no", besides the obvious, is shown very well here:

Okay, my grandmother sounds nothing like that (especially with the southern accent I hear in my head), but it was funny.




This makes sense as my Zodiac sign is a crab (Chinese is a snake). You do not want to mess with me, especially in the mornings.



About DH

DH was born and raised in Texas, but he is definitely NOT a cowboy. He grew up with his parents, younger brother, and various dogs, but it's the cat that lives with us. He loves learning about Disney theme parks, reading F. Scott Fitzgerald and Lewis Carol, and is the only person I know who enjoys the special features on DVDs more than the programs themselves. He can also tell you where to buy the DVDs for the cheapest price. After graduating top in his class in high school, he attended Southern Methodist University where he majored in history and English with a specialty in creative writing. He currently works for prestigious museum in Dallas, and is earning his master's degree in liberal arts with a focus on museum studies at the University of Oklahoma. He does not consider himself to be a Sooner, however.


Some More About Us

We met while working at The Disney Store in NorthPark Center during college. We have had a very enjoyable marriage thus far. We went to Disney World for our honeymoon, and have returned several times on family vacations with his parents and brother, and have enjoyed sights between Aruba and Alaska with my grandparents. We have had the opportunity to travel to New York together, part business, part pleasure. While pregnant I was working at the Old Red Museum of Dallas County History & Culture, so we were able to carpool which was wonderful for me - DH drove, I slept. We lived in a two bedroom apartment for a few years, then moved into a three bedroom house complete with our own pool, which made it really easy to introduce the bambina to water and swimming when spring hit (if you believe we even have that season in Dallas). She is a natural born swimmer, already kicking and moving her arms in the water.



Here is my FIL, GMIL, MIL, BIL, DH, GM, GP, me,and unbeknownst to us at the time, the newest family member, at my thirtieth birthday party.

So, welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives, viewing our pictures, and sharing your thoughts.

Princess Ariel

No comments: