[2009 note: Visit Princess.Ariel.Bio.Googlepages/OurNestBio to view our lovely home.]
I decided to leave the world of retail in June and return to Southern Methodist University to pursue a teaching certificate so I may become an elementary school teacher. In the interim, I worked at BridesMart, LP. It was still retail, of course, but at least I was able to talk about weddings all day and pick out flower girl and bridesmaid dresses to coordinate with bridal gowns. I am currently focusing on school (rather than bridal magazines) and plan on being a substitute teacher in the spring. This year I am going to attempt to host my first Christmas dinner...wish me luck.
DH's job took the happy couple to New York in January and April. While there we spent an entire day at the Natural History Museum, toured famous movie and television sites, went to the top of the Empire State Building, toured Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum, strolled through Central Park, and saw The Phantom of the Opera and Assassins.
Of course, DH had to conduct videotaped interviews with journalists and documentarians while there, helping to bring the year's total to more than 50 new interviews this year for The Sixth Floor Museum's Oral History Collection. He was also published in the Texas Association of Museums Magazine.
We'll end the year magically at Walt Disney World.





No comments:
Post a Comment