Friday, March 25, 2005

Still Alive


It's a miracle of its own kind, but my DH and I just survived five days with my grandparents. There has been much tension (and that's putting it nicely) between us since DH and I were dating. My grandparents raised me, and miss me dearly, and I missed Aruba dearly (isn't that terrible of me?). After three years of them begging, we finally went. Honestly, we spent as much time as possible without them, so it was actually a fairly nice vacation. Unfortunately, DH's idea of a dream vacation is Disney World's theme parks, not a small island with water sports, beaches, nightclubs, and casinos.

My grandmother mentioned that she wishes we would talk more often, but we hardly had anything to talk about the five days we were together. My DH met two more of my relatives (only my grandparents bothered attending the wedding), and they said about two sentences to each other. I'm just glad that it's over, we are all still in one piece, and DH is willing to return to Aruba...in another three years or so.

No comments: