Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Announcing the News

I've told my grandparents, DH’s parents, brother, and grandmother, and while I need to tell my friends, none of them will know about this blog until I tell them anyway...I'm pregnant! I'm going for my first checkup later today and am hoping to at least hear a heartbeat - despite the way I've been feeling I need something more concrete.

My grandparents are pleased, my MIL couldn't stop shouting for joy, and my GMIL had a dream about us having a baby the night before we told her. She didn't believe us at first.

I should have counted my blessings while I didn't have M/S rather than worry about it. I've only actually been sick once, but just the idea of swallowing anything is enough to make me want to vomit half the time. I never even know if I'm hungry half the time or not. On top of that, I weigh less than I have in probably the last 3 or 4 years. I wanted to lose weight prior to getting pregnant, and I know I shouldn't gain too much, but I also want to do everything right to ensure this child does not suffer for my wrong doing. I don't ever want to be blamed. I know eventually I will for something or other, but a girl can try.

So, happy news. After nearly five years of marriage, and only one month of trying, we've conceived. Wow. Our lives will never be the same again. Did I really think this through? J/K
Addendum: After we told everyone, these were my favorite responses to the news:
  • "Wow, that was fast." - DH
  • "We're having a baby! We're having a baby!" repeatedly while running around the room. - MIL
  • "Good lord you are breeding? You got a permit for that?" - Friend of mine
  • "Well it's about time. We thought we were going to have to adopt some Nigerian refugee or something." - My grandmother
  • "No you're not. Are you really?" - Friend of mine
  • "Is it a Mickey or a Minnie?" - Coworker of DH

No comments: