TheBump.com's SAHM discussion board invited mothers to set a reading goal for the year. An avid reader, I wasn't about to pass up such a challenge, so said I would read 50 books (I think I read 52 or so last year). Now, the only problem with this is not the limited amount of time mom's may have to read, but the length of novels read. I can read a 100-200 page book in a night or two if it's a good read, but a 1,000 page book would take anyone at least a few days to polish off. I think I've read about 15 books so far, which means I have some catching up to do. So, between that, working on my genealogy, and trying to get more sleep, I haven't, and probably won't, be posting as much as I have recently. Of course, it doesn't help that there hasn't been any great excitement going on in our lives. DD is thriving and learning more every day (check out our website to see how her vocabulary is coming along; which reminds me, I need to add some words I'd forgotten at the time), DH is busy working on the last chapters of his thesis, one aunt is in rehabilitation (two strokes and other health issues), her husband is in a nursing facility, and another uncle passed away last week, so it's been a sad and trying month for some family members.
I'm going to go read now, so until later...





No comments:
Post a Comment