Not only do I get to watch my first born grow, learn, and constantly amaze everyone (even if it's just doing something cute), but my husband finished writing his masters' thesis the last week of May. After several years of saying, "I'll do it sometime" me coaxing him, and his museum director inspiring him, DH decided to enroll in OU's master of liberal arts in museum studies in the fall of 2006. There were times when it was tough going, especially when he had to read books and write papers on scienctific principals that were part of the general masters curriculum. There were times he wanted to quit, especially when work was stressful, a subject was particularly trying, and he learned that I was pregnant. He kept at it, though, taking two classes during the summers, even completing work via the Internet while we were on our Alaskan cruise. In between contractions when he would let me squeeze his hand, without complaint I might add, he sat on the couch in my L&D room reading a text book so he wouldn't be late turning in a paper despite the fact that his professor said he would allow a few extra days given the circumstances.
There are still final edits to be made, formating to be finalized (they are picky!), and sections to be completed (references on top of citations, really?), not to mention the defense, but all will be completed by the time I turn 32 (what is with milestones and my birthday?). I am just so proud of the effort (with a 4.0 avg, no less) DH put into his graduate work, and thrilled that it is almost over. Now if he can just get a raise...





No comments:
Post a Comment