Sunday, November 30, 2008

I Caved

I am either the first person to do something, usually years before it's "cool" again, or the last person to do something, usually avoiding it because it is so trendy. This time it was Facebook. Between all my parent sites, Flickr site, Bebo and Classmates pages, website, and now blog, with hardly any time to keep up with those, I was extremely reluctant to join yet another group that I must update on a, ahem, regular basis. After much pleading by one friend, and other friends asking me to join (okay, it was really the automated system I now realize, whatever), I decided to go for it. I must admit that I was pleased to not only find I could get in touch with people I haven't even thought about getting in touch with in years (I'm sorry, but I'm too cheap to become a "Gold Member" on Classmates.com), but now my friends who never bother to send me emails are actually leaving me posts - wow! If I had known that this was all it took, I would have signed up years ago. I'm currently trying to get DH to join, as he was just mentioning to me the other night how he wishes he had kept in touch with some of his high school classmates.
I can't guarantee that I'll keep up with the site very well - I'm lucky if I do get to check my email most days, but at least now you know that I do have a Facebook site, so if you're a family member or friend of mine, look me up. The worst part for me, and please feel free to help me out, is figuring out all the ins and outs of Facebook. I was tempted to "Poke" a friend, for instance, but was scared what she'd do back.
At some point I hope to get around to writing my thoughts about the election, DD's first Thanksgiving, and whatever else may be on my mind at the time. Hopefully I'll have updated my website by the time I send out my holiday cards, but don't hold your breath.

No comments: