A few years ago DH made the acquaintance of a prominent Dallas business man who is a member of the exclusive Petroleum Club. This person has taken DH there a few times in the past for his birthday, always with a key lime pie since it's DH's favorite dessert. Having gone to clubs such as these growing up, I was slightly jealous, especially when the member offered to take DD for her birthday in the future. Well, the time arrived. DH was invited again this year, and this time so was I. Needing to know whether or not childcare plans needed to be arranged, DH asked about bringing her and was told that she was more than welcomed, and we would celebrate DH's 30th bday, his master's degree, and DD's 17 month bday.
To my recollection, all the clubs I dined in were merely restaurants, where as this one is a sprawling locale consisting of sit down and buffet dining, private rooms, reception areas, fountains, and sitting areas complete with a small library, which just happens to contain a book on Epcot. I uploaded a few of the pictures I took to our Shutterfly account (email me if you need the password).
I was told by our hostess that my grandparents can be assured I haven't lost my ability to dine in elegance, and DD behaved as well as any young toddler can. She rarely raised her voice during the meal, and when she did it was a happy yell. She ate some of the fruit the kitchen prepared for her, along with bread (minus the hummus), a bite of my fish, our host's fries, and our hostess' chocolate chip pie topping. Despite what you may think, the food was very appetizing, and filling. After the dining room had been cleared of other guests I let her out of her chair to roam nearby, and unfortunately was not quick enough to prevent her from dumping puffs on the floor. Fortunately the wait staff was very friendly and quickly got a broom, allowing me to cease picking up tiny bits of food from the floor. Afterwards our hostess took us on a tour of the club where DD was able to view water fountains, cars 39 floors below, and cold air being blown up her dress as she stood on the air grates looking out the windows.





No comments:
Post a Comment