Sunday, January 6, 2008

It’s Finally Our Time

For as long as I can remember I'd be sitting at a restaurant and watch all the babies sitting in the high chairs, and I'd be in my seat wondering when I'd have a baby in a high chair next to me. The other night DH and I were at dinner and there were two babies close to us, and as he caught me constantly looking at one he said, "Your time will come soon enough." That is so true. In just a couple of months we will have our own little baby to love, cuddle, care for, and raise into (hopefully) a wonderful man or woman. Then yesterday I was driving home from work, put my hand on my bump, and thought to myself, "Oh my gosh, we're about to have a baby." Obviously this has occurred to me before, and we were TTC, so it's not like some horrid shock of "oh s---t", it's just that sometimes I stop and realize that pretty soon I won't be pregnant, but will have an actual human being that will depend upon me for its survival and happiness. It's a daunting thought, but a task I'm looking forward to all the same.


Supplement: Every now and then I'll get these "realizations", such as 'This mother's day I'll be a mother', or the "Hello to Captain Obvious" - 'I'm about to be a mother, a parent, a mommy'. Wow.

No comments: