Yesterday I decided to start organizing my Gymboree, Janie & Jack, and other baby clothes stash in the nursery closet. Right now I'm putting just one of each item (w/ the exception of accessories) for each size up through 24 mos, and the rest I'm leaving in storage until bambino arrives (why have five of the same dress in the same size if I have a boy?). I still have several boxes to go through, but I've already learned that my baby needs to be a size 6-12 mos for at least a year. One of the advantages of Gymboree and Janie & Jack is since everything coordinates, if your child messes up one piece you don't have to change the entire outfit, just that piece. I'll be hoping my child makes a mess so I have to change the entire outfit a couple times a day (j/k). Why oh why couldn't I be having multiples? Of course, the timing would still be all off - bambino should fit into the 6-12 mos spring/summer clothes approximately during the months of August-January. Granted, it's warm in Dallas until at least mid-October if not November, but we may just have to plan a nice long trip to Aruba :p
So, why so many clothes, you ask? I worked at Gymboree where I was constantly surrounded by adorable clothes. Customers always told me it was hard to find cute boys' clothes, so I'd scoop up any that came in I liked. Then the girls' clothes started to have similar themes - marine themes, whether it's animals, yacht, beach, etc. Granted, I didn't get many of the beach themes, though there were some adorable ones, but I did buy a ton of the others. The first line I bought was for boys' spring with crabs and whales. I figured I'd try to have the child so it could wear the outfits in that 6-12 mos range. Then more lines I just had to have came out, both boy, girl, and neutral, and several of them coordinated with other lines, so I bought the same size. Silly me, when I bought a line that didn't coordinate I should have bought it in the 18-24 mos, an age range I have very little in if anything.
One thing I did notice, which I really already knew - the clothes fit in well with the nursery theme. I'll have to get plenty of pics of bambino in the various outfits with the nursery as a background.
I haven't paid too much attention to the sizes yet, but hopefully my other lines are in various sizes. I'm pretty sure the farm/cowboy&girl stuff is in 12-18 mos, but I'll have to verify for the dinosaurs, safaris, and others. See, I told people I don't need any clothes. As it is I'm going to have to go and spend a couple hundred dollars on baby hangers. I'll try to get the ones that expand to fit bigger clothes, esp. since I do have some of those as well (3T through about 6 years I think). Oh, this will be a fun chore... Labor of love, labor of love.
I haven't paid too much attention to the sizes yet, but hopefully my other lines are in various sizes. I'm pretty sure the farm/cowboy&girl stuff is in 12-18 mos, but I'll have to verify for the dinosaurs, safaris, and others. See, I told people I don't need any clothes. As it is I'm going to have to go and spend a couple hundred dollars on baby hangers. I'll try to get the ones that expand to fit bigger clothes, esp. since I do have some of those as well (3T through about 6 years I think). Oh, this will be a fun chore... Labor of love, labor of love.







No comments:
Post a Comment