Thursday, January 3, 2008

Super Excited

DH's work is having a pool to see how much bambino will weigh at birth (I’ve created a “game” at ExpectNet, “Stephanna”). DH and I were both less than seven pounds, so at my prenatal check up today I asked my doctor if there is any correlation, and while babies typically are larger these days she said there is, so I think I can handle a seven pounder. I can still stand to gain between five and ten pounds, and fundal height is measuring at 32 weeks (I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow), so all seems to be going smoothly. Knock on wood I haven't had any complications, baby is constantly moving, and while s/he may shift positions many times before birth her/his head is already down. Why is it babies don't have all their blood rushing to their heads like we do when our bodies are higher than our heads?

Carpet for the nursery is being installed next week, plus we're having the hallway re-carpeted, too since it's such a high traffic area, and then we can have the crib delivered and set up. Earlier this week I signed up for a maternity tour at our hospital, and today I signed up for birthing, baby care, and breastfeeding classes starting Monday, so I'm well on my way to being prepared...I hope. Looks like I will have to buy some gates I have on my registry since I don't know when my shower is, if I'll even have one. Hopefully I can convince DH to go to The Dump with me tomorrow after work so we can get a china hutch super cheap (I'm hoping) for my nice china, and soon we'll have a house we're proud to show off again. Too much excitement is building up inside of me. Only about 9 more weeks and I'll be holding bambino in my arms.

Time can be so relevant sometimes, can't it? 9 weeks is a decent amount of time, 64 days is a ways away, but 2 months is right around the corner, yet they're all the same amount of time. I'll feel much better once the furniture is in place. I already have some sheets and other necessities, so I think I'll feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders (not my stomach, though) once I see the crib in the nursery. The ILs are currently in Disney World buying bambinos first ears for the announcements and some decor for the room, so I can't wait to really start decorating the nursery. AHHH!!! Okay, enough excitement for one day...

No comments: