While I was kept busy at work on Sunday, I figured that overall it would be a pretty mundane day. It was, until I heard a weird noise while driving home on I-30 around 6PM. I pulled over to the shoulder knowing that I had a flat tire (I’m notorious for getting them), and sure enough my front passenger tire was completely flat. I’m just glad I’m still small enough to where I can climb from the driver’s seat into the passenger’s so I didn’t get hit by oncoming traffic. As soon as I confirmed my suspicion I called DH to let him know because he has AAA (he’s still on his family’s plan, but we’ll rectify that soon). No sooner had he started to pull out the number than an AAA tow truck pulled up. I looked in my rear-view mirror and there was a Courtesy Patrol truck. Wow, what luck! My guardian angel was really looking out for me. I had the donut put on the car and returned home in the pouring rain, which was not fun, but at least I didn’t go into labor. Wouldn’t that have been a story to tell? The only truly bad part about this is that we got a tire warranty on the Edge, so if I had a flat while driving that car instead of the Mustang then we could get a new tire without paying extra L. Oh well. Another good luck thing for us – the lights in our den went completely out and our electrician, a family friend, came out first thing this morning to install a new circuit breaker. When DH asked about the bill the electrician said to consider it his baby gift to us. Yay! Now we can put that money towards the new tire.
While I was at work, DH and BIL set up the baby monitor. It is a colored video monitor that even has night vision. It is very cool. DH hooked it up on his side of the bed, which I think is sweet. Of course, he’ll have to wake me to feed “Stephanna”, but hopefully this means he’ll get up for changings and what not.
Every now and again I’ll notice that my legs look a little weird while washing them, but I attributed the oddity to the fact that I wear my socks to bed – probably cuts the circulation a bit. Therefore last night I went sockless, so you can imagine my surprise when I discovered that I no longer have any ankles! On top of that my rings didn’t slide on easily this morning, so I’m wearing them on my necklace. I guess it was bound to happen eventually, and if I only have to put up with swelling for a week then I’m definitely going to count this one as a blessing. I did hear, however, that the swelling is worse after the baby is delivered, so we’ll see how happy I remain.
This morning DH and I awoke early to take the ‘Stang in for a new tire, but it was raining again so we decided to wait. Instead we spent the time taking pictures of my big belly and getting together some last minute items for our hospital bags (finally picked an outfit for baby & me to come home in last night), and put those in the Edge, just in case. More and more I’m hoping I deliver soon. While my OB delayed my induction date two days asshe’ll be out of town, and I haven’t even met the backup OB (I’ll ask to do this Thursday at my appt.), so I really want her there, and she even said she wants to be there. We’ll see what happens. I went over my birth plan with DH on the way to work.
The big question with everything that is happening right now is – is this nesting and bambino is about to arrive, or am I just realizing what a tight schedule I’m on? I’m such a procrastinator, it’s horrible.
While I was at work, DH and BIL set up the baby monitor. It is a colored video monitor that even has night vision. It is very cool. DH hooked it up on his side of the bed, which I think is sweet. Of course, he’ll have to wake me to feed “Stephanna”, but hopefully this means he’ll get up for changings and what not.
Every now and again I’ll notice that my legs look a little weird while washing them, but I attributed the oddity to the fact that I wear my socks to bed – probably cuts the circulation a bit. Therefore last night I went sockless, so you can imagine my surprise when I discovered that I no longer have any ankles! On top of that my rings didn’t slide on easily this morning, so I’m wearing them on my necklace. I guess it was bound to happen eventually, and if I only have to put up with swelling for a week then I’m definitely going to count this one as a blessing. I did hear, however, that the swelling is worse after the baby is delivered, so we’ll see how happy I remain.

This morning DH and I awoke early to take the ‘Stang in for a new tire, but it was raining again so we decided to wait. Instead we spent the time taking pictures of my big belly and getting together some last minute items for our hospital bags (finally picked an outfit for baby & me to come home in last night), and put those in the Edge, just in case. More and more I’m hoping I deliver soon. While my OB delayed my induction date two days asshe’ll be out of town, and I haven’t even met the backup OB (I’ll ask to do this Thursday at my appt.), so I really want her there, and she even said she wants to be there. We’ll see what happens. I went over my birth plan with DH on the way to work.
The big question with everything that is happening right now is – is this nesting and bambino is about to arrive, or am I just realizing what a tight schedule I’m on? I’m such a procrastinator, it’s horrible.





No comments:
Post a Comment