I stayed up until after 2AM washing and putting away the china my grandmother had sent me back in June. My back still hurts, and this isn't just a pregnancy pain, though I'm sure I'd be more recovered by now.
I have a maid and Kiwi carpet here now cleaning my house. The carpets are going to be so nice and fresh, and the maid is dusting and cleaning every crook and nanny - DH says I may even be able to have her come once a month! We might have to scale back on something (DVDs, meals out), but I think it would be completely worth it. We'll see. I may not be the perfect housewife, but I can certainly ensure I have a clean home.
While they're busy cleaning I've been doing some more organizing of my own. I have a book that holds postcards, and a bunch that I just placed behind it, especially when I went through the box of them my grandmother sent when they moved. Occasionally I'd turn them over to see who they were from and what was said. My BFF at the time wrote on one, "So how are "u" doing?" Now, this was probably back in the nineties, possibly early 2000s. This got me to thinking about how today teachers are complaining that students write like that on assignments and papers they turn in. I might do that in an email, the occasional text message I send out, and I'll abbreviate some words in my diary, or even blogs, but I just thought it was very telling that she put quotes around the u. Of course, by the time you do that, might as well have written out the entire word < xml="true" ns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" prefix="v" namespace="">. Anyway, I finished that so one small task off my to-do list.
Later That Day: I put together the baby swing (with DH’s help) and bouncer, finished installing the mobile, and got a shower gift from a friend who couldn’t attend the party. We went out to eat at one of my favorite Italian restaurant’s (Eddie’s Napoli IV), so I was very happy. On top of that, our house is extremely clean. Too bad it has to be messed up by a baby and all it’s stuff . Check out OurNest page to see updated photos of our beautiful house.
I have a maid and Kiwi carpet here now cleaning my house. The carpets are going to be so nice and fresh, and the maid is dusting and cleaning every crook and nanny - DH says I may even be able to have her come once a month! We might have to scale back on something (DVDs, meals out), but I think it would be completely worth it. We'll see. I may not be the perfect housewife, but I can certainly ensure I have a clean home.
While they're busy cleaning I've been doing some more organizing of my own. I have a book that holds postcards, and a bunch that I just placed behind it, especially when I went through the box of them my grandmother sent when they moved. Occasionally I'd turn them over to see who they were from and what was said. My BFF at the time wrote on one, "So how are "u" doing?" Now, this was probably back in the nineties, possibly early 2000s. This got me to thinking about how today teachers are complaining that students write like that on assignments and papers they turn in. I might do that in an email, the occasional text message I send out, and I'll abbreviate some words in my diary, or even blogs, but I just thought it was very telling that she put quotes around the u. Of course, by the time you do that, might as well have written out the entire word < xml="true" ns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" prefix="v" namespace="">. Anyway, I finished that so one small task off my to-do list.
Later That Day: I put together the baby swing (with DH’s help) and bouncer, finished installing the mobile, and got a shower gift from a friend who couldn’t attend the party. We went out to eat at one of my favorite Italian restaurant’s (Eddie’s Napoli IV), so I was very happy. On top of that, our house is extremely clean. Too bad it has to be messed up by a baby and all it’s stuff . Check out OurNest page to see updated photos of our beautiful house.





No comments:
Post a Comment