Have you ever had one of your parents tell you, "This hurts me more than it does you?" DD had a bandage on her foot from a shot (that I fortunately had not witnessed) that was coming off, so I started to take the remainder of it off, but it was sticking to her precious newborn skin and I didn't have the heart to yank it off. I was going to wait until her next bath so water could loosen the gumminess. My MIL offered to remove the bandage for me, so I held DD's foot while she pulled. It truly did hurt me more - I flinched, DD was as calm as if she had just been kissed. This was only my first test.
As DH was out of town for a conference, I took my grandparents with me for DD's 2-week check up. The doctor cared for DH and BIL when they were children, so I was anxious for her to meet DD. It wasn't until we were about to leave that she finally made the connection. She became excited and even remembered attending our wedding and my "Cinderella" wedding gown.
DD had been receiving a perfectly clean bill of health at the hospital and when the nurse at the Dr.'s office had checked her a week prior. She lost and gained weight as expected, and was growing, though the Dr. thinks she may have been mis-measured in the hospital as she is already measuring over 19 inches. Anyway, I saw this look in her eyes as she checked DD's heartbeat, and my own heart nearly stopped. The Dr. said she heard a murmur, and it was probably innocent, but she gave me a list of cardiologists just to verify. After we left my GM told me she had witnessed a nurse at the hospital check the heart rate twice quickly when DD was taken to the nursery, but there was never any report made to our knowledge, so no my poor GM was worried sick. I focused on the Dr.'s word of "innocent," and knew that there was no point in worrying unless I was given something to truly worry about. We were fortunate enough to get an appointment for the next day.
First a nurse came in and stuck a bunch of tabs to DD's chest to measure her heartbeat. That wasn't so bad, but I had déjà vu of the bandage day when she began to peel off the tabs. DD fussed a bit, but not as much as I probably would have. Then she had a sonogram to see what the problem might be. There were a bunch of blue and red spots among the white and black, and the technician was silent the entire time so all I could do was hold DD's tiny little fingers and pray that everything was alright. Finally the Dr. came in and told us that yes, she has an "Innocent Pulmonary Murmur" due to some smaller ventricles that should grow into their proper size by the time she's 6 months old, so he'll see her again then. My heart lifted, and GM said she saw the face of God, and I was lucky because she would have moved to Texas if there was anything wrong with DD. We'll still be worried about it until her next appointment, but of course there's always something to worry about when it comes to children and their health and safety.
As DH was out of town for a conference, I took my grandparents with me for DD's 2-week check up. The doctor cared for DH and BIL when they were children, so I was anxious for her to meet DD. It wasn't until we were about to leave that she finally made the connection. She became excited and even remembered attending our wedding and my "Cinderella" wedding gown.
DD had been receiving a perfectly clean bill of health at the hospital and when the nurse at the Dr.'s office had checked her a week prior. She lost and gained weight as expected, and was growing, though the Dr. thinks she may have been mis-measured in the hospital as she is already measuring over 19 inches. Anyway, I saw this look in her eyes as she checked DD's heartbeat, and my own heart nearly stopped. The Dr. said she heard a murmur, and it was probably innocent, but she gave me a list of cardiologists just to verify. After we left my GM told me she had witnessed a nurse at the hospital check the heart rate twice quickly when DD was taken to the nursery, but there was never any report made to our knowledge, so no my poor GM was worried sick. I focused on the Dr.'s word of "innocent," and knew that there was no point in worrying unless I was given something to truly worry about. We were fortunate enough to get an appointment for the next day.
First a nurse came in and stuck a bunch of tabs to DD's chest to measure her heartbeat. That wasn't so bad, but I had déjà vu of the bandage day when she began to peel off the tabs. DD fussed a bit, but not as much as I probably would have. Then she had a sonogram to see what the problem might be. There were a bunch of blue and red spots among the white and black, and the technician was silent the entire time so all I could do was hold DD's tiny little fingers and pray that everything was alright. Finally the Dr. came in and told us that yes, she has an "Innocent Pulmonary Murmur" due to some smaller ventricles that should grow into their proper size by the time she's 6 months old, so he'll see her again then. My heart lifted, and GM said she saw the face of God, and I was lucky because she would have moved to Texas if there was anything wrong with DD. We'll still be worried about it until her next appointment, but of course there's always something to worry about when it comes to children and their health and safety.





No comments:
Post a Comment