Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sharing the Joy Some More

Yesterday I was lying in bed w/ DH, and as often happens when I'm on my left side, Bambino started kicking the bed. I took DH's hand and put it between the bed and my stomach and he left it there awhile to feel the kicks. This morning he placed his hand on my stomach and smiled. When I asked him why he was smiling he said he felt Bambino. I didn't even feel him/her moving, but then the next couple of times I did. He must have woken the tyke. Oh well - I'm glad he takes such joy in feeling the movements.

We watched Nine Months the other night, and movies like that truly have a completely different feel to them once you are going through the same things. It somewhat inspired DH, though, as he said we need to start working on the nursery - uh, haven't I been saying that every other day for the last month? He tells me to calm down every time I bring it up, and now with our crib in the city I really want it done so I can have the crib set up in the house. I know we still have three to four months, but one's basically shot with the holidays, pretty soon I may not feel like doing much of anything (or be too big to do anything), everything takes time, and what if the baby comes early? I need to stop stressing. Maybe DH will surprise me again by having taken the time to get some stuff done today (we still need to move stuff out of the nursery. I'd do it myself but it's mostly boxes of books which I would deal with if I wasn't in such a "delicate condition").

No comments: