I had one of my most productive days, ever, it seems. That’s sad, especially considering the fact that I’ve seen several do-it-yourselfers who have totally remodeled their homes, inside and out, but I’m lucky if I vacuum during a given month. I need to change my habits and hopefully some of the steps I’m taking will help me do just that.
Anyway, back in June my family moved out of their essentially 7 bedroom house (I wish I could have just transported it from GA to TX) and shipped me my old bedroom set, a few extra pieces, and every toy that was not moldy, possibly contained lead, or already given away. They would have sent me my old crib but it was moldy and no longer fits the safety standards (how did we ever survive?) Anyway, I’ve had numerous boxes sitting in our living room, bathroom, and cat’s room/soon-to-be-nursery. Despite my slow start Saturday (up around 5 to pee, up at 9 for breakfast, nap till 12) I actually managed to accomplish all the following tasks before bed:
Ordered a gate and other new items for Cheshire Cat's new room.
Paid a bill (what can I say, it’s the only one I have so far).
Condensed, packaged, and relabeled boxes in preparation for storage unit DH was getting.
Moved some collectibles in preparation for furniture to be moved, which caused me to
Dust the top of entertainment cabinet, ceiling fan, and most furniture as it not only needed it but poor DH seems to have taken on my sinus problems which I’m supposed to be having but fortunately not to the extreme he has, and later vacuumed the air filters.
Changed the sheets and did a few loads of laundry.
Moved a few boxes to our tiny storage unit.
Meanwhile, DH went to the grocery store and picked up a few essential items for us.
I feel like I did more, but all that certainly helped. Sunday wasn’t as good as I wound up having another attack of m/s. I did manage to get some more laundry done and move some items out of Cheshire’s room and some more boxes from the l/r and b/r, so now we can actually walk around most of our house without running into cardboard boxes.
We still have a long way to go, but it’s a start.
I’m sure many of you are wondering why I don’t just throw out some of this stuff. Well, other than the childhood memories, including trips around the world and some items originally having been those of my mother, I figured that this way we don’t ever have to buy plush, dolls, etc. And then there are the boxes of photographs (pre-digital camera days) and letters I hope to eventually put in albums/scrapbooks (read-when pigs fly), and other mementos that I’ll instruct my children to throw out if they so wish upon my death, but in the meantime I like to have with me and, if for some reason I reach an early end, my children will be able to learn about me through these items I’ve left behind.
Now I just need to finish putting boxes in storage (if I can find the space), cleaning, and remodeling the nursery. That should only take me another four or five months…
Anyway, back in June my family moved out of their essentially 7 bedroom house (I wish I could have just transported it from GA to TX) and shipped me my old bedroom set, a few extra pieces, and every toy that was not moldy, possibly contained lead, or already given away. They would have sent me my old crib but it was moldy and no longer fits the safety standards (how did we ever survive?) Anyway, I’ve had numerous boxes sitting in our living room, bathroom, and cat’s room/soon-to-be-nursery. Despite my slow start Saturday (up around 5 to pee, up at 9 for breakfast, nap till 12) I actually managed to accomplish all the following tasks before bed:
Ordered a gate and other new items for Cheshire Cat's new room.
Paid a bill (what can I say, it’s the only one I have so far).
Condensed, packaged, and relabeled boxes in preparation for storage unit DH was getting.
Moved some collectibles in preparation for furniture to be moved, which caused me to
Dust the top of entertainment cabinet, ceiling fan, and most furniture as it not only needed it but poor DH seems to have taken on my sinus problems which I’m supposed to be having but fortunately not to the extreme he has, and later vacuumed the air filters.
Changed the sheets and did a few loads of laundry.
Moved a few boxes to our tiny storage unit.
Meanwhile, DH went to the grocery store and picked up a few essential items for us.
I feel like I did more, but all that certainly helped. Sunday wasn’t as good as I wound up having another attack of m/s. I did manage to get some more laundry done and move some items out of Cheshire’s room and some more boxes from the l/r and b/r, so now we can actually walk around most of our house without running into cardboard boxes.
We still have a long way to go, but it’s a start.
I’m sure many of you are wondering why I don’t just throw out some of this stuff. Well, other than the childhood memories, including trips around the world and some items originally having been those of my mother, I figured that this way we don’t ever have to buy plush, dolls, etc. And then there are the boxes of photographs (pre-digital camera days) and letters I hope to eventually put in albums/scrapbooks (read-when pigs fly), and other mementos that I’ll instruct my children to throw out if they so wish upon my death, but in the meantime I like to have with me and, if for some reason I reach an early end, my children will be able to learn about me through these items I’ve left behind.
Now I just need to finish putting boxes in storage (if I can find the space), cleaning, and remodeling the nursery. That should only take me another four or five months…





No comments:
Post a Comment