DH had an 8AM meeting this morning, and it is the first day of my 17th week, so I amazingly woke up fairly well, weighed (still the same) & measured my stomach (I swear it shrinks) while he made me breakfast so I wouldn't get sick. Other than a brief flash of queasiness I was fine, so I managed to get ready in plenty of time and even by the time I got to work I was ready to roll. I created a display in the store showcasing our fair products, which included prepping new merchandise, and put some by the ticket booth to sell there as well. I was so peppy and energetic. Other than being hungry, I pretty much still am - if only I'd show it more to our visitors, but I don't want to scare them off.
Anyway, I grabbed some lunch and had the perfect view from the ticket counter to watch the parade. Apparently they've been better, and it was certainly a far cry from Disney's. Even Highland Park's Independence Day parade is more exciting. However, it was cool when 1. the entrance perked up when our clock tower began to strike 12; 2. I saw Ronald McDonald on a float; and 3. there was a Lion King float (it's playing in the Music Hall this month & next). There could have been more, bigger, & better floats and more dancing and music, but that's just MPO. It also didn't help that someone else inside the building kept making very loud comments about what she saw. The tiniest things can annoy me these days, and according to a coworker that's not abnormal now until about 3 months after birth, then again at menopause. Oh boy. Just wish I had gone outside to pass out Old Red brochures to make more people aware of the building they were sitting in front of. Oh well - would have, could have, should have.
Anyway, I grabbed some lunch and had the perfect view from the ticket counter to watch the parade. Apparently they've been better, and it was certainly a far cry from Disney's. Even Highland Park's Independence Day parade is more exciting. However, it was cool when 1. the entrance perked up when our clock tower began to strike 12; 2. I saw Ronald McDonald on a float; and 3. there was a Lion King float (it's playing in the Music Hall this month & next). There could have been more, bigger, & better floats and more dancing and music, but that's just MPO. It also didn't help that someone else inside the building kept making very loud comments about what she saw. The tiniest things can annoy me these days, and according to a coworker that's not abnormal now until about 3 months after birth, then again at menopause. Oh boy. Just wish I had gone outside to pass out Old Red brochures to make more people aware of the building they were sitting in front of. Oh well - would have, could have, should have.





No comments:
Post a Comment