You know when you were a child and there were a few 80s movies that were on TV at least once a year, and you always managed to catch them, even if it was part way through? Well, one of my favorites was She's Having a Baby. I knew when we started trying I'd have to get it and show DH as he had never even heard of it. If you want it, go to DeepDiscount.com - it's less expensive than renting it assuming you can even find it at your local video store. Anyway, I got it and we watched it and when we got to the birth (spoiler alert) DH became upset and asked why I was showing this to him. I told him that C-sections seem to be pregnant women's #1 fear. Of course, I wouldn't have shown him the movie if it didn't have a happy ending. He also is scared now about being with me because he doesn't want to see me in pain...too late now, dear.
Beyond the baby relevance, I enjoy re-watching shows or movies and seeing how much it pertains to my life today. In some ways we are very much like Jake and Kristy, just with a lot more personality and love. Then there were little things we noticed throughout, such as the secretary from "Ferris Bueller" living in their Chicago neighborhood, as was a very young Mr. Heckles from "Friends." During the credits there's a practically all star cast of people suggesting baby names, including the Buellers (both of these are John Hughes movies).
If you haven't seen it it's a cute movie, but of course only one of millions about having children. So grab your hubby, some popcorn, and settle in for one of your last date nights before the baby's born and have some fun.
Beyond the baby relevance, I enjoy re-watching shows or movies and seeing how much it pertains to my life today. In some ways we are very much like Jake and Kristy, just with a lot more personality and love. Then there were little things we noticed throughout, such as the secretary from "Ferris Bueller" living in their Chicago neighborhood, as was a very young Mr. Heckles from "Friends." During the credits there's a practically all star cast of people suggesting baby names, including the Buellers (both of these are John Hughes movies).
If you haven't seen it it's a cute movie, but of course only one of millions about having children. So grab your hubby, some popcorn, and settle in for one of your last date nights before the baby's born and have some fun.





No comments:
Post a Comment