Monday, September 24, 2007

Preparing for Bambino Parts 1 & 2

I had off the 14th and 15th of September and spent the days going through a roll-top desk in our "study", which is actually an entry way from our garage into the kitchen and has been our catch-all for a while. We purchased the house from my GMIL, so she left us most of her furniture as she moved into a one-bedroom senior-living place. The roll-top actually belongs to my BIL, but I've loved having an extra desk to store everything from mail to knick-knacks DH and I've collected over the years. I finally finished cleaning it out and surprisingly enough, for me, anyway, threw out a bunch of that mail - old school alumni updates and what not that really have no place in my home. It's empty, and while I'm at work today my DH, his BF and Bro are supposed to take the desk back to BIL's house. Then we just need to clean out all the other stuff in that room - file cabinet, boxes with an old computer, and a room service cart from the Yacht & Beach Club in Disney World (DH's favorite hotel - he purchased it at the now defunct Mouse Surplus...I bought a high chair from the parks). BIL thinks I should use the cart as a changing table, but I think it might be a bit too big, though it would make for great storage. Anyway, once all that stuff is out of the entry way we can sanitize that room, purchase a gate, and start moving Cheshire's things in there. Once he's acclimated to his new room we can finally start turning his room into a nursery. As I read today, I am correct in wanting to start shopping for furniture as apparently it can take four months to get a crib delivered. Now I just need to measure the to-be-nursery, figure out what all I want in there, and order what I don't already have. Then there's still the daunting task of clearing out the storage items we've thrown in Cheshire's closet and throughout the room until we get a storage unit. But, as I said, the process is officially starting.

No comments: