Monday, October 1, 2007

Preparing for Bambino Part 3

Saturday morning DH moved the remaining boxes out of the study so I could spend the day vacuuming and mopping the floor. We then put in some of Cheshire's new items - litter box with mat, food and water tray with mat, and we put in a piece of carpet we'd been using for a doormat so he has something soft to lie on. Today DH moved his "houses" and a few toys and he and FIL installed the gate so when I returned from work we finally moved Cheshire into his new room. He whined only for a short moment, so hopefully he'll be alright. It will be interesting to see how nice the room looks when we get home, as we are still out after having gone to Babies "R" Us registration party, where I won the drawing for the $25 gift card - yeah me!

BIL wanted to attend because he had so much fun clicking wedding registry items he wanted a repeat. Unfortunately their system was down so there was no actual registering going on until I made it back to a computer to add a few items on-line. It was not a total bust, however.

We picked out two strollers with car seats we like, and I'm thinking we should get both. DH likes one better and I like one better, so one can be his and for his parents while the other can be for me. He also fell in love with their Rainforest pattern items as it reminds him of Disney's Tiki Room. Originally we were going to decorate the nursery in a school room/house theme, and had just found a set that we could use (Alphabet Soup) when DH fell in love with the Nautica Kids set, which will actually work perfectly for the following reasons - 1. our changing table is actually a dining room cart from Disney World's Yacht & Beach Club; 2. our bedroom is currently dolphin themed (though about to turn into Tiki, so bring on the Rainforest); 3. our guest/baby bathroom is Little Mermaid themed. Now the house will have a nice semblance of water and Disney throughout the back half of it. Oh wait, the whole house is Disney. Whatever.

Another bonus today (see, I'm being so productive, yay me!) - I think I found someone to do my baby announcements (I know exactly what I want and couldn't find anyone to do it, & I need to thank a BabyNestie for the recommendation), and I put together a virtual nursery on line (Better Homes & Gardens) so I could see how everything will fit after we repaint and re-floor. I'm definitely going to have to put the crib in the middle of the floor, but I think it will look nice that way.

Finally, small task that it is, I scanned and uploaded my latest sonogram pictures which were taken nearly a month ago.

Tomorrow work begins on our foundation, finally, and then the whole family is headed off to the Texas State Fair where my doctor has advised me to avoid all foods, so no trans-fat free fried foods for me this year. Oh well. A small price to pay for a healthy child.

No comments: