Thursday, October 25, 2007

Dancing in the Street

Some of my most memorable moments occurred in a street, parking lot, or garage. And no, I did not lose my virginity at any of those places, though I won't mention any of my more risqué jaunts for the entire world to read about.

I did share my first lip-to-lip kiss with a boy in a street during "Last Night, Atlanta" on New Year's...the same boy who used to sit in the back of my family's 1966 Mustang talking about us raising twins, and who later kissed me in an airport garage when I picked him up. One boy tried to kiss me in my mother's driveway, but I kept refusing. Another boy and I watched the sun rise at the top of SMU's then-only parking garage after partying all night. At least, I guess that's what we were doing. One guy got so mad at me he jumped out of the car while we were at a stop light - too bad he forgot I had his keys to his apartment. I was in my car in a parking lot when my BF called to tell me one of her cats passed away. I remember freezing my buns off in DH's 1996 Mustang as he drove me to meet his parent's on our second date, and I kept quiet as The Rules say to do, and eventually he took my hand in his. Later that night I kissed him not under the mistletoe in his house, but in the car in the parking garage where I had my own car parked (it was just a peck on the cheek). Over a month later I called him from my car crying and he came, my Knight in Corduroy Pants, riding his trusty Mustang, and took me to IHOP where we decided to become a couple. Less than a year later he proposed to me in their parking lot, down on one knee in a suit and everything.

Why am I sharing all these stories with you? Because it was while we were waiting in the drive-thru line at KFC yesterday that I felt not one "pop" in my lower belly as I think I've felt before, but two right in a row in the same spot, my first discernible kicks. DH got a big smile on his face and tried to feel our little bundle of joy kicking, and now we have a new "car spot" that will forever be special to us.

No comments: