Rather than writing in my Harry Potter journal I’m writing all my random thoughts on this site. Guess I’ll have to go through and print them out sometime so I can keep up with my life in the future. I have at least five journals from the last couple of years, plus a few random ones that are only partially complete I’ve had since sometime prior to these “daily” journals. I have a “secret” diary which only my mother read besides me. I began one my senior year in high school and stopped before the end of my freshman year in college – I was too busy living life to write about it. I know they may seem pointless, after all who would ever want to read about me? It’s not like I’m going to be the president or something one day. But sometimes journals can be a gateway to someone’s true self. With my mother now gone I wish more than anything that I had asked her more questions about her younger years, or at the least that she kept journals that I could now read. I did discover an old address book of hers that included a Christmas card checklist. She sent cards to her favorite bands nearly every year for at least four years in a row. That’s something about her I never knew before. In case anything ever happens to me I want my child/ren to know who his/her/their mother was.
Going back to my line about “living life,” I’m reminded of the line in You’ve Got Mail where the main character talks about experiencing things she reads in books rather than reading things she’s experienced. I was sitting on my couch last night telling myself that I would move boxes to be taken to storage during commercial breaks of…Clean House. Only occasionally do I start to work out while watching The Biggest Loser. Who actually cooks while watching the Food Network? Isn’t it horrible that some of us (I know I’m guilty) are so lazy that we’d rather watch other people do things on television rather than do it ourselves? I’m trying to get better about it. I did move some boxes during the breaks, and after the last episode I cleared off our dining room table of autographs and other pictures that have yet to make it to frames or on the wall (yes, we eat in front of the TV despite having a kitchen table, too). DH is supposed to move a ton of boxes this weekend (we finally got a 10x10) while I’m out of town so that we can start remodeling the to-be-nursery.
I had a dream last night that our baby (girl) was born and we didn’t even have the crib set up. The poor thing was sleeping in her car seat, as that was the only item we had for her besides clothes. The strangest part was that we were in my old house which had plenty of space – both livable and storage - and was always neat thanks to my grandmother and housekeeper. Meanwhile Cheshire is starting to get used to his new room, but he still wants to go to his old room when we go to put him up for the night. Hopefully he’ll acclimate himself soon because I need to start introducing him to the wonderful smells and sounds of babies.
This weekend I’m going to Atlanta to visit my grandparents and do some serious baby shopping. I need maternity clothes, a crib, and a new car. I’m also going to get my hair cut (just a tad) so it’s not so drab. I’ve finally got it back down to just above my behind, but it needs some life to it – probably some fringe or something. Maybe I’ll get bangs. Then next month I’m going to have some people come over to give us a quote on remodeling the nursery (we are NOT DIYers, or haven’t you figured that out about us yet?).
That’s about it for now, because I know so many of you are so interested in my petty little life (that’s sarcasm, BTW).
Going back to my line about “living life,” I’m reminded of the line in You’ve Got Mail where the main character talks about experiencing things she reads in books rather than reading things she’s experienced. I was sitting on my couch last night telling myself that I would move boxes to be taken to storage during commercial breaks of…Clean House. Only occasionally do I start to work out while watching The Biggest Loser. Who actually cooks while watching the Food Network? Isn’t it horrible that some of us (I know I’m guilty) are so lazy that we’d rather watch other people do things on television rather than do it ourselves? I’m trying to get better about it. I did move some boxes during the breaks, and after the last episode I cleared off our dining room table of autographs and other pictures that have yet to make it to frames or on the wall (yes, we eat in front of the TV despite having a kitchen table, too). DH is supposed to move a ton of boxes this weekend (we finally got a 10x10) while I’m out of town so that we can start remodeling the to-be-nursery.
I had a dream last night that our baby (girl) was born and we didn’t even have the crib set up. The poor thing was sleeping in her car seat, as that was the only item we had for her besides clothes. The strangest part was that we were in my old house which had plenty of space – both livable and storage - and was always neat thanks to my grandmother and housekeeper. Meanwhile Cheshire is starting to get used to his new room, but he still wants to go to his old room when we go to put him up for the night. Hopefully he’ll acclimate himself soon because I need to start introducing him to the wonderful smells and sounds of babies.
This weekend I’m going to Atlanta to visit my grandparents and do some serious baby shopping. I need maternity clothes, a crib, and a new car. I’m also going to get my hair cut (just a tad) so it’s not so drab. I’ve finally got it back down to just above my behind, but it needs some life to it – probably some fringe or something. Maybe I’ll get bangs. Then next month I’m going to have some people come over to give us a quote on remodeling the nursery (we are NOT DIYers, or haven’t you figured that out about us yet?).
That’s about it for now, because I know so many of you are so interested in my petty little life (that’s sarcasm, BTW).





No comments:
Post a Comment