Sunday, October 28, 2007

Preparing for Bambino Part 4b

Friday, the beginning of my 21st week of pregnancy, DH and I celebrated five years of holy matrimony by going to Master Grill where we were able to get our much needed intake of beef (have enough iron for the month, bambino?). Saturday we went with his family to purchase the crib my grandmother and I picked out when I was in Atlanta. The poor thing felt a bit left out of the process as the decision had already been made, but it's not as if he had ever actually given me his likes or dislikes on cribs. It's the Bella crib in coffee from Bellini which turns into a toddler then full-sized bed, so it should last awhile, and is supposed to be an extremely safe crib (there's a picture in my gallery). It should arrive in December, and hopefully by then we'll have the nursery ready, though something tells me that won't be the case.

I also bought The Birth Book by William & Martha Sears to help me learn about some of the various birthing options available. It's over 10 years old (don't you love Half Price Books?), so many more options are available now, but at least it will give me some information to think about so I can discuss it with my OB more intelligently.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to determine if all those flutters I feel in my stomach come from too much food, not enough food, or the baby. It will be nice when I can distinguish bambino from digestion.

No comments: