Wednesday, February 27, 2008

10 Days and Counting...

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness. DH and I cannot believe that my official due date is just around the corner. Technically, I could have this baby today and we’d been just fine, but I have a long list of to-dos before I’ll feel ready:

1. Finish training, organizing, and completing assignments at work.
2. Complete decorating nursery (which requires some more ordering of items).
3.Wash and put away shower gifts.
4. Put away china (been sitting in boxes in dining room since June – needs to be completed before #6).
5. Catch up on laundry.
6. Have housed cleaned (maid and Kiwi Carpet cleaners are coming out on Saturday).
7. Mow lawn (front should be done this week or next by service, who knows when DH will complete the back).
8. Install second car seat base and have both inspected.
9. Take Baptism class and schedule a date (would be easier if the Deacon would reply to my emails).
10. Pick up grandparents from the airport.
11. Type out birth plan.
12. Complete packing hospital bag.
13. Sleep for two weeks.

I think that’s about it. I’m sure there are a million other things that need to /could be done, but I’ll leave the list there for now. I know DH is just anxious to get some of his class assignments completed. He’s trying to stay ahead, but I know it’s difficult. We’ll make do, one way or another.

The other part that makes impending labor difficult for me is the loss of the pregnancy itself. Yes, I will have this wonderful new life to appreciate that will be there forever, but pregnancy only last nine short months (or nine long ones, depending on whom you ask). Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t like to have the gestational period of an elephant, but I’m glad it’s not as short as a mouse (I’m guessing). I’m going to miss feeling my baby move inside of me, even if was slightly annoying at times. I was telling DH today that I can understand why women get PPD – no more pregnancy with the added stress of caring for a newborn with lack of sleep – no wonder so many women fall into a state of depression. I’m typically a happy-g0-lucky sort of person, so DH doesn’t foresee any problems, but while I doubt I’ll have the severe depression, it wouldn’t surprise me if I get the “baby blues” at some point after delivery. We’ll see what happens.

No comments: