Saturday, February 16, 2008

Dream, Dream Dream Dream

I keep saying I’m going to have a boy; not sure why, I just have this feeling in my gut. My dreams, however, usually tell me otherwise. Last night my dream started off with bambino kicking me so hard that you could actually see not just the imprint of the foot, but the foot itself when my skin stretched to the max. I sort of grabbed a hold of it, but couldn’t get my cell in time to take a picture. Oh well. The next thing I knew, my yet to be born daughter was running around and by the time I caught up with her she was in a box, yet to be born. Very odd, I know. I think I need more sleep, or to lay off the chocolate before bed. Speaking of strange, I wonder if my FIL’s bloodhound can smell bambino. He was sniffing my stomach yesterday, which he normally only does when there’s food to be had. Maybe it was remnants of my belly cream, or some lunch I didn’t realize I spilled. Cheshire is still being pretty friendly, although I don’t know if sticking out his paw while I’m walking in the dark would be considered friendly or vicious. Just hope he doesn’t do that while I’m carrying bambino in my arms as I’m enough of a klutz as is – last night and this morning I couldn’t take a single pill without dropping it on the counter first, at least once.

Back to dreams – I had one the other night where all of the sudden I had a baby. I didn’t remember much about the labor, except what I didn’t have – my hospital bag, my ViaCord kit, or any pain whatsoever. The labor was so short there was hardly anything to it. I was so proud of myself for not needing an epi, but as I said, I really couldn’t even remember any pain. Maybe my brain had just blocked it out. Either way, here’s to hoping (for the no pain/pain management part, not the rest of it).

No comments: