Friday, February 15, 2008

My Sweet Valentine

Yesterday DH and I had to get up extra-early for a dentist appointment, and I snapped at him because he was giving me a hard time for taking a minute to fill the soap dispenser. I was still in the shower before he was. We were both given good reports at the dentist. I then dropped him off at work and went on a shopping spree. We redid our bedroom in a Tiki theme he got for Christmas, but as there was no bed skirt/dust ruffle I had to find one. I went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to search for something that would match (realizing I had left the pillow cover I meant to take to match colors at home). I couldn’t find any in the proper size and color that was less than $60 (and here I’d hope to spend around $10), but I did find one that is made of straw, so I bought that. I later found a ruffle at Macy’s – darker than intended but it will do, and cost less than $40 after the sale. While at BBB I splurged on their clearance items and also picked up a few other items to help organize the house.

Afterwards I went to NorthPark into Crewcuts to meet up with a former coworker to return a boom box I’ve had cluttering my house for the last three and a half years. While there I saw this darling sweater that would go great with my Gymboree nautical line, if only it came smaller than a 2T. There were plenty of other adorable collections for boys and girls, but I’m trying to be good and not buy anything too gender specific, or for older than 24 mos. I did find some shoes at babystyle with an anchor on them, so I bought that along with a plush book. I also got a few more dinosaur items at Gymboree to go with lines I already have. I just couldn’t help myself. I learned, too, that Crazy 8 is owned by Gymboree, so now I don't feel bad looking into that store. They're not as cute, but they're less expensive, so as long as the quality is as good I might consider getting a few pieces there. I also forgot about my Lent observance and drank a Sprite, and was bad and had a Mrs. Field’s M&M sandwich cookie which I haven’t had in years. Most of the icing was smashed into the bag which was probably a good thing – I don’t need the empty calories, and bambino doesn’t need the sugar coma, but what a tasty lunch.

Afterwards I picked up DH for my prenatal appointment. We had an u/s and were told that bambino has a full head of hair. Considering the fact that my mom and I were both born with hair I was hoping for nothing less. We had trouble seeing bambino’s face as s/he was chewing on her/his arm, and does not really respond to stimuli, but heartbeat was 132, and according to my doctor s/he scored 8 out of 8 on her test and is perfect and smart, which is good b/c I bought a onsie that says, “I’m already smarter than the president.” My in-laws will love it. S/he also had the hiccups, which the u/s technician is good b/c it develops the diaphragm. Bambino is still head down, spine towards my right side, and my cervix is a bit softer than last week. On the elevator ride down we were with another pregnant lady, who happened to ride up with us, and a group of singers who serenaded us during the ride. It was very sweet.

I went to BRU to buy a seat protector as DH wants to install the car seat this weekend. I was checking my registry and discovered that some people have been doing some shopping for me, including a car seat base I was discussing with DH that very day, so cool. I then picked up a few extra items for dinner and had to make my way around more men trying to pick out their last-minute V-Day cards.

I baked brownies for DH and did some cleaning/organizing while waiting for him to get home from work, then we made dinner and ate it and brownies while watching Gilmore Girls (he’s addicted). Poor dear had a headache all day (forgot to take his Claritin this morning), so we went to bed without any hanky-panky, and I read while he slept. My gift hasn’t arrived yet, so other than cards and a few edible treats we’re waiting to exchange gifts when mine gets here. It’s supposed to be really good, so I can’t wait.

No comments: