with Finding Nemo
near the bottom with a hint of Lilo & Stitch
, and Star Trek
on the ceiling. If you've seen any Christian Lassen paintings you know how cool this would have looked.When I quit teaching I had a whole bunch of school decor, so once we got our BFP DH decided we could save money by incorporating the posters and whatnots into the room. When we were registering at BRU we looked for bedding that would fit - Alphabet Soup.
No sooner had we seen that than DH found Williams Nautica set and thought it looked like The Yacht Club at Disney World. Next to it was the Cape Cod set which I thought was a closer match, but DH loved the Nautica, and soon I came to appreciate it if not love it - cute yet mature, boyish but could be "pinked up."
In the meantime, BIL came up with the ingenious idea of using a dining room cart from the Resorts that DH bought a few years back as a diaper changing table:
So, we began to decide on other decor based off of the Nautica Kids and the room cart. We bought some border so we could pick out paint, and debated on the merits of blue versus white carpet.
Meanwhile, my grandparents are renting out an apartment owned by a baby bedding designer who offered to help us out, but DH was set on the Nautica, and I thought it was silly to spend who knows how many thousands of dollars to custom make a bedding set when we had one picked out (of course, some might argue the same for my wedding gown, but that's a whole other story). So, we had registered for the Nautica set, I bought a roll of border to pick out paint, we got the painter scheduled to work next week, it turns out someone (DH is hinting the ILs) has bought a couple of pieces from the Nautica set off our registry, and all we need now is a couple more rolls of border to complete the ensemble. Unfortunately, not only was the roll I picked up two weeks ago the last one in my city, but when I returned yesterday, despite putting two on hold at another store, we still couldn't purchase the remaining borders. Poor DH and his family drove out there just to get the borders for the room (okay, DH was also thrilled to eat at Tops Healthy Burgers), and they claimed they didn't have any. I was in our city's store when two of the six rolls were put on hold. What's the deal?
Well, not all hope was lost. Oh no. Now DH decides he likes the Cape Cod set better, or at least pieces of it, and it will still coordinate with the paint.


The room is going to be painted "Something Blue" by Sherwin Williams, which just so happens to be the same color as is currently in the education center of The Sixth Floor Museum, a color DH was hoping to have for the nursery but didn't learn the name of until after we had settled on the color. The we'll have "Snow Cone" carpet installed. Check back later to see how the nursery turns out.





No comments:
Post a Comment