There was very little I could think of that I wanted for Christmas for myself - gift certificates to a few places (including one for nursing bras), so when I was asked what I wanted I said that baby gear was fine, and it was. Yes, I received presents for my own pleasure, some which I'll be able to share with my child in the upcoming years (the Full House series on DVD, for instance), but I also received several items for the nursery and other baby gear. I feel much better now, esp. after the nightmare I had where bambino was a complete mess and the only thing we had was a crib, and of course my stash of clothes. Bath, soap, diaper changing pad, all that stuff had yet to come. Yes, I could make do and find another way to take care of the problem (sink, floor/bed, etc.), but you just feel better knowing that you have all the "necessary" gear available.
In DH's family we open all but Santa gifts Christmas Eve, so after getting up to see what "Santa" brought, I was ready for bed again by 8. I then proceeded to have a dream where I was working two jobs in a mall. During my shifts I had a lunch break, and my managers were absolutely insistent that I take these breaks. One even went so far as to sing the importance of lunch breaks over the PA system. When I woke it was around noon - guess bambino was hungry and trying to tell me so.
To continue a tradition we began when DH and I moved into our house we hosted Christmas dinner. I did cut down the work a bit by getting a small turkey breast instead of a whole turkey, and DH was a dear helping me with that, the stuffing, gravy, potatoes (out of a box), and green beans (out of a can per BIL's request). The ILs brought other side dishes, brisket, drink, and desserts. My grandmother was so concerned that I would wear myself out, but compared to the past years this was nothing. The only bad thing was when I cut my thumb along with the food. :(

I hope all of you had an enjoyable Christmas if you celebrate. I need to go update my baby registry now.
In DH's family we open all but Santa gifts Christmas Eve, so after getting up to see what "Santa" brought, I was ready for bed again by 8. I then proceeded to have a dream where I was working two jobs in a mall. During my shifts I had a lunch break, and my managers were absolutely insistent that I take these breaks. One even went so far as to sing the importance of lunch breaks over the PA system. When I woke it was around noon - guess bambino was hungry and trying to tell me so.
To continue a tradition we began when DH and I moved into our house we hosted Christmas dinner. I did cut down the work a bit by getting a small turkey breast instead of a whole turkey, and DH was a dear helping me with that, the stuffing, gravy, potatoes (out of a box), and green beans (out of a can per BIL's request). The ILs brought other side dishes, brisket, drink, and desserts. My grandmother was so concerned that I would wear myself out, but compared to the past years this was nothing. The only bad thing was when I cut my thumb along with the food. :(
I hope all of you had an enjoyable Christmas if you celebrate. I need to go update my baby registry now.





No comments:
Post a Comment