Sunday, December 23, 2007

We’re a “Family”


Those lovely holiday cards have been arriving steadily this month, and I'm glad to learn that at least some people like the letters I put together every year (read Year 1, 2, etc. to see what they're all about). I wish more people would give at least a quick update as there are many acquaintances with whom we don't communicate often during the year.

The other day we received one addressed to DH, me, and "Baby F...". Yesterday we received one addressed to "F... Family". I showed it to DH and said, "Look honey, we're a 'family' now." I hadn't really thought about that before, especially since bambino isn't born yet. He said we have been a family, which yes, we have, but I've considered us more of a "Mr. & Mrs.", as have most people, at least until this point. You usually don't use the word "family" until there is at least one child - and fur-children do not count, no matter how much like our own children they may seem. Yet another milestone in our life together.

No comments: