Sunday, December 16, 2007

Preparing for Bambino Part 5b

Well, I'd say I've had a fairly productive weekend. Friday night DH and I went to bed before nine as we were both falling asleep on the couch while watching TV. He got for a few hours while I slept, and after I woke up sometime around eight I decided I'd had enough sleep, though I probably could have slept longer. Here's my list of tasks checked off Saturday, thanks to help from DH:

1. Changed sheets.
2. Did a few loads of laundry & actually put away clothes.
3. Placed shoes I no longer wear in a bag for sale/donation and organized the remainder of my shoes. I can actually walk in my closet again!
4.Collected trash from some of the bins around the house.
5. Met with painter for nursery & scheduled dates to have the room painted next week!!! Even have a prospect for fixing all the "stress cracks" in our house next year.
6. Picked out a paint color - "Something Blue" by Sherwin Williams (it's amazing we're not going with a Disney brand paint, I know).
7. Moved more boxes to storage. While going through boxes discovered a box of GMIL's mementos we gave to MIL to brighten her day...after she teared up.
8. Put more border on hold - DH is getting that today as the BRU near us was out, still.
9. Bought some more XL undies and fleece pants to wear walking between the car & work (I get cold very easily). While I was shopping for those I found some inexpensive stockings to hang since our holiday decorations are buried in storage - I wasn't there to direct the placement of those boxes
10. Biked for about an hour.
11. Moved nutcrackers and holiday cards from mantel so IL can hang picture I got for my b-day...back in July.
12. Made a grocery list for DH for today.
13. Updated our "To Do List".
14. Discovered I need to include a card or at least a note wishing several friends a happy b-day or anniversary. Can we say my mind has been elsewhere?

Today I had to work, so after getting up early and eating breakfast I went to shower & discovered DH cleaning our toilet, and later learned he cleaned the guest one, too. As we have guests coming over soon, this is a must. Then in between customers I finally finished folding our holiday letter & stuffing them in the envelopes. DH just needs to sign some more, I need to get a few more addresses, stamps, etc. and then I can finally send them off...just in time for them to arrive by Christmas/Hanukkah! Oh, and now I need to reprint my kick-count sheet (hopefully DH replaced our ink cartridges) so I can begin those. The only bad thing is bambino is most active when I first wake up and snooze. C'est la vie. The only thing bringing me down is I think I have a sinus infection, and my OB just gave me a prescription for a new nasal drug At least I'll see her Wednesday for my glucose test. Which brings me to a new point...December is the worst time of year to have that test. During my second month I actually had an aversion to sweets which unfortunately did not last long enough. Now the holidays are here with so much free food (at the office) and specialty seasonal foods that I don't want to pass up, but I can't gorge on anything for fear I'll increase my sugar count. I think we should have a freebie Thanksgiving through mid January (flowers and jewelry are good enough for Valentine's Day).

Okay, now I'm going to go work on my bio some more, update my registry, and see what else I can accomplish before the end of the work day :p.

No comments: