Sunday, December 9, 2007

Hormones or True Annoyances?

I’m the kind of girl who typically cries at the end of sappy movies and during sweet/sad country songs, but I think pg hormones have had the opposite effect on me, though yesterday nearly made me fall off “the wagon” so-to-speak. DH and I went over to his family’s house so he could help his brother with a school assignment, and as usual they started their “non-arguing” with loud voices, BIL played his music loud, and on top of that he was coughing up a lung and refused to use any suppressants claiming they don’t work for him, so DH kept “not arguing” with him about that, too. Neither of us were very happy campers. When I told BIL I was having my first real “pregnancy moment” he argued back that I’ve always been like this, so I counter-argued that maybe it was him…didn’t work. Later DH got mad at me for continuing my bad habit of correcting him, as well, so I couldn’t tell if I wanted to explode in shouts or tears. WE left still upset with BIL, but made up with each other at home.

This morning I had to come in to work, and though I was on time, I couldn’t do anything until a second person arrived, and that person didn’t arrive for at least 15-20 minutes…aren’t I glad I got up extra early? My desk was littered with trash from my coworker’s son (who also works with us), and my computer’s caps lock was on (that really annoys me, stupid, I know), plus the sound was turned all the way up. His headphones were also on my desk, making me wonder when he’ll lose his hearing if he listens to the full volume directly in his ears. On top of that I discovered my nice colored, paid-out-of-my-own-pocket paperclips unhinged and littering my floor. Do we have no respect for OPP? I of course put most of the trash on my coworker’s desk and wiped mine down with a Clorox wipe. Today is chilly and rainy, so I don’t expect a whole lot to happen at work, so hopefully I’ll at least be able to fill out some holiday cards.

Okay, vent over.

No comments: