Today we had a holiday potluck - way too much food, and while I wasn't interested in most of it, I did eat too much of what I enjoyed. Anyway, as part of the potluck we had a white elephant gift exchange. In the email explaining the concept for those who had never done one before, the "coordinator" wrote, "I suggest that everyone bring a gag gift... The goofier and more ridiculous, the better!" So, one day I was looking in the cabinet under my sink and saw an ovulation kit I purchased before DH & I even started TTC. I never even got around to using it, and I wasn't about to go looking for the receipt to return it, so I thought it would be a very humorous gag gift. Now, keep in mind - one coworker is TTC but had to have surgery to carry to term, which she has. I became pg around the same time she initially did, and about a month or so ago another coworker became pg. Then, there are two others who would like to, they're just not quite there...yet. So, considering all this, I thought this would be a practical gag gift. Amazingly enough our boss did not gag at the thought of more of us being pg. This morning I quickly searched for something else to add to the gift, JIC a menopausal woman or a man (most of ours are not in a position to have children) got the gift. I grabbed a package my dentist gave me - a plastic zip case with toothpaste & brush & floss, and then happened to come across a Victoria's Secret discount card I had, so I figured I'd make a little "love pack". As it turns out the coworker who is TTC picked my gift, but she did not seem to appreciate it the way I thought she would. Maybe she was embarrassed and privately is grateful, or maybe it was too painful for her, I don't know. In any case, I thought it was funny. In case you're wondering, I "stole" a Santa soap dispenser for my gift.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment